Guide to Dining
Welcome to Clayton State University
DineCSU offers a program that meets the needs of today’s college student. Each year you will experience exciting changes, fresh menus, and new enhancements to your dining program. These changes are a result of the feedback and input of many students and staff members.
Dining Hall Meal Plan Info and Policies
Meal Plans 2019-2020
Laker Hall residents are required to have a Semester Meal Plan which will be selected on the Laker Hall Housing contract.
Laker Village residents have the option of purchasing any meal plan which can be selected on the Laker Village contract.
Commuter students may purchase any meal plan at the LakerCard Center.
Meal Swipes can be used at Lakeside Dining Hall, a restaurant-quality facility offering All-You-Care-To-Eat dining!
Dining Dollars are declining dollar balances that offer flexibility and variety that can be used at our dining locations on campus. Enjoy instant savings! Use your dining dollars instead of cash and save 8% sales tax on all your dining purchases. Dining Dollars are not available for use at the Loch Shop, Loch’s Nest, or vending machines.
Dining Dollar Plans
Meal Plan Refunds
This is YOUR dining service and we are here to serve you! We appreciate your input and feedback to better meet your needs. You can make your voice heard through comment cards or just introduce yourself and tell us what you think.
Special Dietary Needs
If you have special dietary needs, please consult with the Food Service Director. All efforts will be made to meet your special needs.
Aladdin is proud to sponsor a trayless dining program at CSU. Trayless dining reduces our environmental footprint. It decreases waste, conserves natural resources (namely, energy and water) and reduces the introduction of polluting detergents, rinses, and drying agents into the water table. Socially, trayless dining can provide education and awareness about environmental issues, while also potentially reinforcing a healthy lifestyle. It is an initiative that supports campus sustainability.
We have a wealth of resources available to our guests, including the expert guidance of a registered dietitian. Arrangements can be made for individual consultations concerning any dietary need, such as sports nutrition, weight control, food allergies, or medically prescribed diets.
Lost LakerCard Policy
At each visit, meal plan holders must present their LakerCard for entry to the Lakeside Dining Hall. Please do not ask the cashier to admit you without your LakerCard. If you lose your LakerCard, please visit the LakerCard Center for a replacement card (a replacement fee will apply).
Frequently Asked Questions
Bringing a Guest to the Lakeside Dining Hall
- Guests are always welcome at the Lakeside Dining Hall.
- Semester Meal Plans include five (5) guest meals per semester. You can swipe in a guest up to five times a semester. Regular meal swipes cannot be used for guest entry.
- Commuter and Faculty/Staff Meal Plans can be used to swipe in guests at the Lakeside Dining Hall.
- Guests may also pay the cash door price for a meal. The Lakeside Dining Hall also accepts cash, credit/debit, LakerBucks, and Dining Dollars.
Your understanding and observation of the following regulations will guarantee smooth, efficient operation of the Dining Hall.
- Guests must obey the University’s personal appearance regulations while in the Dining Hall.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
- With the exception of one of the To-Go options, food and beverages may not be taken from the Dining Hall.
- To avoid waste, you should choose one entrée when entering the serving lines. More entrees are available for seconds.
- After dining, please return dishes to the dish return and leave your table and chairs neat and clean.
- Please behave courteously at all times.
- Headphones must be used when playing music or videos.
- You will not be granted credit for any meals missed.
- We also ask that you abide by all of the Aladdin policies.
Dining Hall personnel reserve the right to dismiss or suspend you from the dining area for inappropriate behavior.
Trouble opening the document?
Many of our documents require adobe reader. Download it for free below.